How to Use Ads to Find Clients on Google and Facebook
- September 17, 2022
- Posted by: Praises Akpese
- Categories: Business Communication, Website & Mobile Application Development
As a web designer, your business depends on a steady project flow. However, maintaining the best workflow can look like an ongoing process, with constant outreach, follow-up, and content creation.
This is where web design ads come in. Paid adverts are essential to attract prospective web design customers and keep constant business. This article will cover 8 ideas for creating effective web design ads to win new clients:
- Concentrating on your area of interest audience
- Using Facebook Adverts for website design services
- Offering free resources
- Posting seasonal content
- Creating aspirational content
- Using Google Ads for website design services
- Making it into the 3-pack
- Pairing your ads with search engine optimization and a well-designed website
1. Concentrating on your area of interest audience
When advertising and marketing web design services, it would be best to focus on a specific audience. Whether you’re using Google Ads or Fb Ads, audience details matter. Each platform provides ample opportunity to create a laser focus on your area of interest. You need to use tools that help your ads get seen based on:
Location. Both platforms let you target your ads based on location and proximity. Facebook offers you a pin-drop tool to establish a 15-mile radius, while Google bases its location targeting on the searcher’s site or the specific locale they’re seeking in their keywords. Both are helpful when connecting with local people interested in your services.
Interest. Fb’s advert services are based primarily on interest, which means you can target an audience that has searched for or engaged with content related to your type of business. So, for example, a user engaged with another web design-related content may see your ad.
Intent. While Fb is interest-based, Google is intent-based. This means that Google targets its adverts relating to the user’s searches rather than their interests. For instance, a searcher would wish to search for “internet design texas” to see an advert for a Texas-based designer relatively than interacting with related content material.
Demographics. It is important to note that you can’t target audiences based on gender or other factors. However, it’s still best to design your ads to appeal to the niche audience you seek.
2. Using Facebook Adverts for website design services
With over 1 billion individuals connecting with small businesses via Facebook, Facebook Adverts provide you with a great alternative to reach new audiences. If you decide that Facebook is the platform for you, there are several steps to take to launch your campaign, including:
- Choosing your objective. The Fb Advert tool has an option to set your campaign’s objective. It helps to answer the question, “What’s your goal?” before launching your advertising campaign. Think about your answer carefully and use it to motivate your design choices.
- Choosing your viewers. Choose your viewers based chiefly on age, location, and curiosity.
- Deciding where to run your advert. Facebook Adverts allow you to select the platform elements that will house your ad. Choices include Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, Audience Network.
- Setting a price range. You can be asked to enter a day-by-day or lifetime budget, and the period your advert will run..Picking a format. As a designer, you probably love having options. Facebook provides several unique forms for its adverts, including images, videos, advertisements, multi-image design, and more.
- Confirm your order with Facebook. This element launches your advert to the ad auction section of the platform.
- Measuring and managing your advert. After launching your advert, you can track its performance and make modifications in Facebook’s Ads Manager, which helps you use A/B testing and edit accordingly.
Apart from creating a stand-alone advert, another way of advertising on Fb is by “boosting” your organic posts. When you boost a post with Fb, you’re taking your regular post and sending it out to a larger audience. Like with a standard advert, with Facebook Boost, you can decide on the audience and set your budget.
Fb Adverts work best when paired with a solid social media marketing campaign. Constant Contact can help you maximize your efforts with its complete Facebook Ads device, which makes the promoting process seamless and even more impactful.
3. Offering free resources and services
Providing potential clients with free resources or services is vital for promoting web design services. When you offer free educational content, you place your design business as an industry expert and leverage content marketing strategy. In addition, when you provide a free service — such as a live demo or quote — you attract more leads and drive more visitors to your website. To boost business, create content similar to:
- Blog posts or podcasts
- Whitepages or guides
- Tutorial videos
- Checklists or quick tips
- Free quotes or demos
4. Posting seasonal content
Another strategy to position your web design business at the fore of the industry is to post content material that is of the moment. Creative JK Designs does this by sharing a Women’s History Month design she created for one of her clients. This strategy keeps your social media stream trying current and gives you the right content to publish to your blog.
5. Creating aspirational content
Social media users love aspirational content. That is why this final Creative JK Designs advert is so effective. Although it seems simple, this refreshing quote and uplifting post may drive someone to choose Creative JK Designs as their web designer. Ads like this, which support the viewer, can build a positive relationship with prospective clients.
6. Using Google Ads for website design services
With Google handling well over half of all searches worldwide, it’s no surprise that Google Ads is an effective way to get in front of new clients. Once you use Google Ads, you’ll appear at the top of searches on both Google Maps and Search. And you only pay for Google Adverts when your ad inspires a click to your website. Like Facebook, there are several steps to launch your Google Advert campaign, including:
- Choosing a goal
- Deciding the place to advertise your web design business
- Crafting your message
- Setting your budget
- Going live
- Analyzing your results
Google Adverts is a pretty intuitive tool, but Constant Contact can help make it even simpler to appear on the top of Google Search with its Google Ads tool.
7. Making it into the 3-pack
To benefit from Google, your objective is to look within the “Local 3-pack,” which is the cluster of three businesses that appears at the top of a local search.
8. Pairing your ads with search engine optimization and a well-designed website
When you’ve elevated your Facebook and Google Ad strategies, it is best to pair your paid advertising efforts with solid search engine optimization tactics. The paid adverts are meant to funnel leads to your web design website. Once they arrive, your website needs to be mobile-responsive, easy to use, and aesthetically pleasing.
As a web design enterprise, the bar for your website design is high! So take the time to dial in your SEO with online tools and optimize web design with a website builder to make the most of your ads.