Speed Up Google Chrome When It's Running Slow
There are a lot of factors that can eventually make Google Chrome slow and deteriorate page loading. We’re stuck with one question: Why is Google Chrome so slow?
Whether you are using it for work, gaming, or streaming, there’s nothing quite as irritating as when a web browser is working slow.
Imagine the annoyance for Google Chrome users when the browser coveted for its speediness responds frustratingly slow.
Fortunately, there’s often an easy fix.
What must you do if Chrome is working slow?
Here are 5 of the most reliable methods to grease a rusty Chrome browser on your PC or Mac.
Clear your cache
Periodically clearing your cache or temporarily saving internet data from your Google Chrome browser ensures that it functions effectively, as an overloaded cache can significantly slog down looking speeds.
And fortunately, clearing your cache is a fast and straightforward process that takes seconds.
1. Open Chrome on your pc.
2. Click on the three vertical dots within the top right corner.
3. Place your mouse pointer on the More tools option in the dropdown menu to reveal more options.
4. Click on Clear browsing data in the menu that appears on the left.
5. Tick the checkbox for Cookies and other website data and Cached images and information in the pop-up – if they are not already checked.
6. Click on Clear data.
Delete unnecessary extensions
From Adblock to Honey, extensions can undoubtedly improve the browsing experience. However, too many extensions can have the opposite impact and slow down your browser.
Disable extensions when you do not need them.
1. Open Chrome on your PC or Mac.
2. Copy and paste “chrome://extensions” into the search bar and hit the Enter key on PC or the Return key on Mac to see and manage your extensions.
3. Click on Remove on the extension you want to delete.
4. Click on the Remove button in the pop-up that appears.
Add download speed extensions.
Though some extensions can slow down Chrome, others specifically aim to improve your browser’s speed.
For instance, the OneTab extension converts your open tabs into a list, saving space and keeping your pc from running slowly when you’ve many accounts available. In addition, you can reopen tabs individually or all at once within the list.
For those who have tabs constantly accumulating, extensions might be crucial. These extensions can pause charges without closing them, freeing up Chrome’s bandwidth.
Wipe your browser history
Similarly, keeping your history clear may help you maintain a solid speed in Chrome.
1. Open Chrome on your PC or Mac.
2. Enter “chrome://history” in the search bar and hit the Enter key on PC or the Return key on Mac or Ctrl + H.
3. Click on Clear browsing data in the menu on the left.
4. In the pop-up, make sure your Browsing history is checked.
5. Click on the blue Clear data button.
One of the best things you can do is to keep Chrome up-to-date.
Chrome will automatically download and install updates for you; however, only when it isn’t open.
However, you can also replace it manually.
1. Open Chrome on your computer.
2. Click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
3. Look at the top of the dropdown menu; if you see the Update Google Chrome option, click it.
4. After the update is downloaded and installed, close Chrome and open it again.
Different Types of Web Hosting Explained
How to fix Google Chrome when it runs slow
Things You Need to Know About Your WiFi
Tricks & Tips To Improve Your Typing Speed
Top 10 Backup Software
Ways to Streamline Your Payments Systems
Google Presentation Themes For Your Business
The Powerful Tool to Keep Your Business Connected
How to Choose the Right Cloud Voice Provider
Productivity With Assistance from Oceancyber
NIST 800-171 Compliance for Government Contractor
Technology Refresh Cuts I.T Costs for NGO’s
Secure Cloud For Data Management
Cloud or On-Site Backup
Practices to Secure Microsoft Office 365
What is Desktop as a Service (DaaS)?
Key Benefits of SEO For Your Business
Steps to Become a Successful Tech Entrepreneur
Do you think your Apple ID has been compromised
Pros and Cons of Technology
Ways To Speed Up Your PC
Using Ads to Find Clients on Google and Facebook
How To Get First Position In Google Search
Paid and Organic Search for Brand Success
Strengthen Your Password with MFA
Right Phone System for Your Business
Modern Data Backup and Recovery Solutions
Customized App To Improve Performance
Mac and Windows Technology
Technology Can Streamline Business Operations
Move To The Cloud
I.T in Business Management
Protect Your Business from Cybersecurity Threats
Become a Successful Web Designer
Reasons Why You Need a Personal Website
The Beauty of Technology
Ways to Protect Yourself From Hackers
Ways Artificial Intelligence CRM Can Improve Sales
How to Group Tabs in Chrome
Why You Need To Hire A Web Design Company
How to Switch I.T Companies Painlessly in Four Steps
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Guide
Six most common cloud services
Migrate to Cloud for HIPAA Operational Efficiency
I.T Planning For Private Educational Institute
Future-Proof Your IT Infrastructure
Advantages and Disadvantages of ICT
Azure vs AWS vs Google Cloud
Start an Online Business from Home